Learn more about Hope Central’s
Capital Campaign to heat our church!
Join us every second Sunday evening at 5:30pm for a Taize service, focusing on prayer, meditation and song. Click here to learn more about the Taize Community. NOTE: In April and May, the schedule is a bit different: Taize on April 27th, and May 25th, instead of 2nd Sunday.
Join us for EASTER WEEK!
Our Slow Work of Forgiveness is leading us to a new life of Glory! Please join us as Holy Week continues:
Thursday is our Maundy Thursday Dinner, @ 6:30, Good Friday silence at 2:30, then service at 3:00, then we’ll gather at Doyles. Saturday at sundown, we will rekindle the light of Christ and sing that “A” word. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday is Easter! We’ll meet morning and evening.
Ministry of Justice and Compassion Updates
The MJC has a new blog! Click here to read about our church’s ministry for social justice and the repair of the world. You can also access the blog from our Blog page, where there are other wonderful blogs to follow.
Also, check out the calendar for upcoming MJC sponsored events. Details of each event are displayed when you click on the event.
New Rosie’s Place Drive
The Ministry of Justice and Compassion has started a new Rosie’s Place drive, now that the weather is beginning to get warmer. Thank you so much for gathering these items for the poor and homeless women who depend on Rosie’s Place for emergency shelter, for a safe place to take a warm shower, or for a lightweight jacket on a brisk spring day. The following items can be left in the Rosie’s Place box in the church:
• Travel-sized Toiletries (like those from hotels)
• Twin Sheets/Pillow Cases for the emergency shelter
• Lightweight Jackets
- April 17, 2014 6:30 pmMaundy Thursday Service, Supper, Tenebrae, the Stripping of the Altar
- April 18, 2014 2:30 pmGood Friday Service, Silence begins at 2:30, Service at 3pm
- April 19, 2014 7:45 pmEaster Vigil and the Kindling of the Christ Light
- April 20, 2014Easter! – 10:30am and 5:30pm Services
- April 26, 2014 12:00 pmMJC Event: Jobs Not Jails Rally
- May 11, 2014Mother’s Day & Courtney’s Last Sunday
- May 11, 2014 8:00 amMJC Event: Louis D. Brown Peace Institute’s Mothers Walk for Peace