The Wedding of Laura Everett and Abbi Holt
Laura and Abbi invite the congregation to their wedding at 5PM on August 29. We need people to usher, to prepare a green room for them.
Ordination on Boston Common
On August 30, we will be ordaining Mary Eaton with Common Cathedral in Boston Common. There will be no other services at Hope Central Church on that day. Our congregation will be preparing and bringing lunch for noon, the service will begin at 1:00PM. Rides will be arranged for those with mobility issues.
Our makeGOOD Capital Campaign
Join us on Sunday, September 13, for our makeGOOD luncheon at noon, following our church service. To learn more about our Furnace Project and the makeGOOD campaign, click here.
Our 5:30pm evening service ended on June 14. However, interested members of our congregation are gathering every other Sunday at 6:30pm for discussions on creating a viable member-led evening worship scenario. You can read more here, the letter from our pastors and moderator, about our decision to end the evening service as we know it, and envision our needs as a congregation, going forward.
Listen to Reverend Traci Blackmon’s Sermon!
On April 12, Hope Central Church hosted the Rev. Traci Blackmon on behalf of the Massachusetts Conference of the UCC. The Word from Pastor Traci was an incredible moment for our congregation, in our work for racial justice. You can hear her sermon here.
Ministry of Justice and Compassion
To continue our Lenten work of moving from fear to love, visit our Resources for our Lenten Work of Racial Justice page.
Also, click here to read musings about our church’s ministry for social justice and repair of the world. You can also access the blog from our Blog page, where there are other wonderful blogs to follow.
Check out the calendar for upcoming MJC sponsored events. Details of each event are displayed when you click on the event.
Rosie’s Place Drive
The Ministry of Justice and Compassion has an ongoing Rosie’s Place drive to collect items for the poor and homeless women who depend on Rosie’s Place for emergency shelter, for a safe place to take a warm shower, and for seasonal clothing. The following items can be left in the Rosie’s Place box in the church:
• Travel-sized Toiletries (like those from hotels)
• Twin Sheets/Pillow Cases for the emergency shelter
- August 27, 2015 6:00 pmLinda Atkins and the Capital Campaign Team
- August 28, 2015 5:00 pmWedding Rehearsal
- August 29, 2015 5:00 pmThe wedding of Abbi Holt and Laura Everett
- August 30, 2015 11:45 amHope Central brings lunch and worships at with the Common Cathedral, ordains Mary Eaton at 1PM
- September 13, 2015 12:00 pmMakeGood Lunchon
- September 20, 2015 10:30 amRally Sunday
- September 27, 2015 10:30 amBible Sunday
- September 27, 2015 5:30 pmThe ordination of Alex Shea Will
- October 4, 2015 10:30 amFeast of St. Francis – Blessing of the Animals
- October 25, 2015 10:30 amParade of Pledges
- November 29, 2015Advent
- December 25, 2015Christmas