Please DONATE to Our
Hope Central Learns to Pray Without Ceasing
The Peace of Wild Things
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
Resources for prayers and devotions:
The UCC posts a daily devotion of its most thoughtful writers:
The Archives at BU posts a daily recording of a devotion of Dr. Howard Thurman:
Ministry of Justice and Compassion Updates
Click here to read musings about our church’s ministry for social justice and repair of the world. You can also access the blog from our Blog page, where there are other wonderful blogs to follow.
Also, check out the calendar for upcoming MJC sponsored events. Details of each event are displayed when you click on the event.
Rosie’s Place Drive
The Ministry of Justice and Compassion has started a Rosie’s Place drive to collect items for the poor and homeless women who depend on Rosie’s Place for emergency shelter, for a safe place to take a warm shower, or for lightweight summer clothing. The following items can be left in the Rosie’s Place box in the church:
• Travel-sized Toiletries (like those from hotels)
• Twin Sheets/Pillow Cases for the emergency shelter
- November 30, 2014Year B, Advent 1, Thanksgiving weekend
- December 6, 2014 9:00 amLeaf Raking
- December 9, 2014 7:00 pmChoir Christmas Carols Rehearsal
- December 16, 2014 7:30 pmAlex Will’s Ecclesiastical Council
- December 24, 2014 4:30 pmUnrehearsed Christmas Pageant
- December 24, 2014 9:15 pmTaize Service
- January 4, 2015Epiphany
- January 16, 2015 6:30 pmHope Central 101: Orientation for Newcomers