Please DONATE to Our
Mindfulness and the Body: a Five Part series
Hope Central Church Parlor, 12:30-2pm each day
~ all are welcome for one or more days~
~ all body capabilities welcome ~
JAN 10 Finding the Breath
FEB 7 Cultivating Joy
MAR 7 Releasing Fear
APR 4 Transforming Anger
MAY 9 Compassionate Action
Jan10, Feb 7 will explore restorative practices of the breath & simple body awareness
Mar 7, Apr 4, May 9 will explore how to gently hold difficult emotions and transform them into healthy, compassionate and vital action in our lives and in the world
Lillian Fuchs has been a massage therapist for over 10 years. A graduate of Yale Divinity School, she received her mindfulness trainings from Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, and is a long time practitioner of Yoga. She is also an associate member of St. Margaret’s, a Benedictine Community of Women in Duxbury.
Ministry of Justice and Compassion Updates
Click here to read musings about our church’s ministry for social justice and repair of the world. You can also access the blog from our Blog page, where there are other wonderful blogs to follow.
Also, check out the calendar for upcoming MJC sponsored events. Details of each event are displayed when you click on the event.
Rosie’s Place Drive
The Ministry of Justice and Compassion has an ongoing Rosie’s Place drive to collect items for the poor and homeless women who depend on Rosie’s Place for emergency shelter, for a safe place to take a warm shower, and for seasonal clothing. The following items can be left in the Rosie’s Place box in the church:
• Travel-sized Toiletries (like those from hotels)
• Twin Sheets/Pillow Cases for the emergency shelter
• Hats, Scarves, Gloves and Mittens
The Curley School Coat/Uniform Drive
The Ministry of Justice and Compassion has an ongoing Coat/Uniform Drive for our partnership school, the Curley K-8 in Jamaica Plain. We are gathering the following items to help support the students and their families, more than 80% of whom are living below the poverty line:
• winter coats, size 3 – adults,
• winter gear such as hats, gloves, mittens,
• plastic hangers.
• Pants/shorts/skirts/jumpers/dresses: tan, navy, black (especially sizes 8-adult)
• collared shirts and blouses: white and light blue (especially sizes 8-adult)
All donations need to be washed and in good repair and can be put in the bin at the back of the church.
- February 7, 2015 12:30 pmMindfulness and the Body Part 2: Cultivating Joy
- February 8, 2015 12:00 pmAnnual Meeting & Potluck
- February 12, 2015 11:30 amPrayer & Communion at Rogerson House
- February 15, 2015Transfiguration
- February 17, 2015 6:00 pmShrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- February 18, 2015 7:00 pmAsh Wednesday Service
- March 7, 2015 12:30 pmMindfulness and the Body: Releasing Fear
- March 25, 2015 4:45 pmHope Central serves dinner at Pine Street Inn