Finance and Stewardship
- everything we do after we say “I believe.”
- making a faithful response to God’s grace, gratitude and generosity.
- about money, but not only about money.
- helping others grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through the use of the time, talents and resources entrusted by God.
As stewards of our resources and as a congregational church that operates autonomously, we fund our own staff and programs and maintain our property so that all might provide for our spiritual life together. In order to do this, we invite all to consider a pledge each year and welcome donations.
If you attend Hope Central Church and haven’t yet made a pledge this year, we invite you to pray about how your gift could dress our Welcome Table with nourishment, love, and grace, then contact the church office to pledge or learn more.
You can also make a contribution to Hope Central Church anytime through our donation page, using Paypal.
Hope Central Church’s Lay Leadership and Organization
Also see this list of church staff
Hope Central Church is all about the Welcome Table. We are many members from many backgrounds and many perspectives, yet we are one Body, gathered around one table at which all are welcome.
Holy Communion is central to our worship, our community and our faith. We come together around the table and are sent out from there refreshed, renewed and inspired to transform the World.
Here is some additional information about how our church is organized:
- Bylaws & Annual Reports
- Leadership Circle Roles & Responsibilities
- Finance and Stewardship
Bylaws & Annual Reports
As with many other organizations, Hope Central Church has two key organizational documents — Bylaws that guide its operation and Annual Reports that reflect its progress as an institution.
- bylaws (revised 02/05/2017)
- 2015 Annual Report
- Bylaws (revised 02/02/2013)
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report and Addendum
- 2010 Annual Report
The Leadership Circle is an elected group entrusted by the congregation to carry out the vision of Hope Central Church. Nine members serve on rotating three-year terms. Three new members are elected each January.
2014-2015 Leadership Circle
- Nina Swift (Moderator)
- Beth Chandler
- Benjamin D. Perkins
- Lisa Price
- Terry Steeden
- Suzanne Wolk
- Andrée Zaleska
The Nominating Committee is charged with identifying the gifts of covenant partners and inviting them to serve in various ways on the standing committees of the church. Nominations take place each January and the Nominating Committee’s recommendations are voted upon by the congregation at its Annual Meeting.
- Nancy Azar
- J Conlon
- Kathy Hanlan
- Nina Swift
- Elizabeth Simpson
Leadership Circle Roles & Responsibilities
The Leadership Circle is an elected group entrusted by the Congregation to carry out the vision of Hope Central Church. The Leadership Circle advises the pastor(s) on the general direction of Hope Central Church’s activities, and collaborates with the Pastor in the formulation of a well-rounded community life. The Leadership Circle may act for the members of Hope Central Church in minor matters, always mindful that unless such action is taken with consensus, it must have the confirmation of the Covenant Partners of Hope Central Church. We hold to the core mission and vision of Hope Central Church as shared in the welcoming statement read every time we gather for worship. This remains constant. Yet, as we seek to be faithful to God, we acknowledge that there are ways we may need to change. Thus, the Hope Central Church bylaws and other documents detailing our common life are to be considered ‘living documents,’ open to revision and change. As we ourselves are works in progress, so to are the structures of our common life together. The Leadership Circle will approve any new program initiatives. The Covenant Partners of Hope Central Church shall ratify policy changes, bylaw revisions or major items.
- Pray for the life and work of Hope Central Church.
- Uphold Hope Central Church’s vision and mission in all settings of our community.
- Lead by example, sharing time, talent, and treasure.
- Oversee the financial and administrative health of the Church.
- Encourage faithful and honest communication between all parts of the Church.
- Support and empower our pastor(s) to lead the congregation effectively and to help them manage church staff according to best fiscal and human resources practices.
- Help build a church where everyone is empowered to serve and encouraged to fulfill their call as Christians, promoting peace and justice in the world.
- Build and foster the formation of various ministries in our community.
- Tend to and deepen Hope Central Church’s relationship with our denominations: the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ.
- Unify the Ministries of Hope Central Church.
- Change course as necessary to reflect the growing and dynamic nature of Hope Central Church.